- Eligible Fields
- Events & News
- About Prize
Prof. Christopher Chao
- Vice President & Chair Professor of Thermal and Environmental Engineering, PolyU
- Director of Policy Research Center for Innovation and Technology (PReCIT)
- Member of Chief Executive’s Policy Unit Expert Group ( Research Strategy Expert Group)
- Fellow of The American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Fellow of Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Fellow of Hong Kong Academy of Engineering Sciences
Prof. Christopher Chao is Vice President (Research and Innovation), Director of Policy Research Center for Innovation and Technology (PReCIT) and Chair Professor of Thermal and Environmental Engineering of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. He is responsible for the planning and development of research and innovation, as well as steering its development in strategic research areas.
As an accomplished scholar in thermal and environmental engineering, Prof. Chao is also active in entrepreneurship and technology transfer. He is appointed as a member of the Chief Executive's Policy Unit (CEPU) Expert Group (Research Strategy Expert Group). While serving as regional editor and member of the editorial board of several international journals in his field, he is also Fellow of several major professional organisations, including The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (FASME), Institution of Mechanical Engineers (FIMechE), The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (FASHRAE), The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (FCIBSE), Hong Kong Academy of Engineering Sciences (FHKEng), The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (FHKIE), and International Society of Indoor Air Quality and Climate (FISIAQ).